We aim to be the supplier of choice for clients in need of hightech-quality, punched parts.
The company Stansomatic A/S, headquartered at Kornmarken 25, 7190 Billund, was founded on 16.th March 1970, by Knud Erik Bahnsen. The firm was started, at Lindevej 6B in Billund, with a single punching machine with very few facilities available (approx 120 m2).
The first production was af tubular rivets for Elwis, a fittings firm. In 1973, the procuction picked up speed and plastic injection moulding was also added to the production programme, and for this, the production facilities were doubled to 240 m². In 1976, the business moved to Kløvermarken 106. Since then it has expanded a number of times, to the point where the covered area was 1200 m².
The plastic injection moulding division was sold in January 1992 to JGM Plastic A/S, in Billund. In 1994, the conditions became too cramped and a completely new factory of over 2400 m² was built at Kornmarken 25. In early 2004 a further expansion increased the production facilities to over 4000 m². The firm currently has about 80 employees and produces approx. 300 million punched parts annually. The parts, which are produced in fully automatic punching machines, consist of all types of metal and steel in thicknesses of from 0.05 mm to approx. 2 mm.
An international mindset
We currently export to Brasil, Estonia, Ireland, Italy, China, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Poland, Hungary, USA, Sweden, Czech Republic, and Germany.
The company is a family-owned joint-stock company with Grethe Bahnsen as the main shareholder and the children Helle, Mette and Søren as additional shareholders.
- Client strategy. Our company is based on lasting client relationships, and we add new accounts to our client portfolio each year
- Markets. We compete on the global market, while prioritizing our outreaching activities for the European market.
- Major clients. We cooperate with our major clients in a way that ensures that losing them does not jeopardize the survival of the company.
- Cost of materials. We include re-negotiation clauses in our contracts concerning major fluctuations in the cost of materials (price index).
- Modern systems. We process all orders using modern cross-system controls, which facilitates subsequent updates and re-calculation.
- Competences. In an effort to utilize all competences, and to achieve the highest level of competitiveness we can, we involve all employees in the running of the company wherever possible.
- Technology. Machines and tools are maintained and improved to ensure our technology matches both current and future requirements.
- Zero-fault strategy. We employ Six Sigma practices to eliminate defects and errors in our processes wherever possible.
Follow the production from idea to reality
The development of parts often occurs in very close co-operation with the customer. We are happy to participate in all phases of development, right from the conceptual phase through to the final finishing touches, in order to optimize production in the best manner possible.